Love Mounds bars? Well, this Chocolate Coconut Macaroons Recipe is like making your favorite candy bar at home anytime you want! Easy to make, easy to freeze. Chocolate Coconut Macaroons are great to send as gifts and perfect for bake sales!
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons Recipe
When I was a kid, 1 of my favorite holiday memories was making all the sweet desserts during the holidays. Standing on a step stool in my grandmother’s kitchen they let me help as much as my little hands were able. I had two favorites, one being Chocolate Coconut Macaroons! You remember that jingle… Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t? I was one who didn’t.
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1 Cup Egg Whites (about 6 eggs)
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ½ TSP Vanilla
- ½ Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to *300. Cover 2 baking sheets with wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites, sugar and coconut flakes in large saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes. The sticky moist dough will become dry.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until well incorporated and chips are melted.
- Cover and allow to chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Use a small scoop (or your hands) to make 1 inch balls with dough. Place on wax papered trays.
- Bake for 30 minutes, Chocolate Coconut Macaroons will be firm to touch.
- Allow to cool and store in airtight container.
Enjoy! And, if you fall in the ‘sometime’s you feel like a nut’ category… feel free to chop some up (fairly fine) and toss those babies right in!
If you liked this No Fry Fried Ice Cream post,
and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.
Are you a social kinda person? Follow Sassy Girlz on Facebook or Twitter
For all the pretty pictures, follow me on Pinterest and Instagram