Health and Weight Loss Journey Week 2 Update
Last week, I told you about my daughter Jessica’s new journey to finding better Health and Weight Loss. She was lucky enough to join in with some of my local Las Vegas blogging buddies RecessLV, for a sponsorship by truDERMA, a local Las Vegas based business. They are taking part in the #MangoChallenge! Week 1 of the 10 week challenge is down and we’re back to give you her update. Here’s what she has to say about her journey to better health and weight loss so far….
Hi guys! Jess here! 1 week down and 9 more to go! I have to say that I’m giving this my all. In for the long haul. And, let me tell you, it’s a haul! I was really hoping to step on the scale and watch those numbers drop like flies. Not so much. I’ve lost a total of 2 pounds. Not bad at all after only my 1st week but it confirms what everyone says about finding better heath and weight loss. There’s no magic cure. It’s slow, steady progress that does for sure take dedicated lifestyle changes and exercise! I’ve found that taking the Mangodrin products I am full of energy during the day and sleep really well at night. I’ve been putting all that new found energy to good use though! I’ve been walking a whole lot more than before and my house is super clean! My fiance is pretty happy I’m putting some of that energy into keeping his laundry caught up and not stacked in piles. (Bonus?) I’m really happy I haven’t had any of that ‘crash and burn’ type feeling you get with some health and weight loss products. I found it was a journey killer with my last effort to lose this baby weight! One downfall I experienced the 1st couple days was a bit of an upset stomach. Could have been the products, could have just been me. I’m not sure, but it’s worth mentioning. During the day I have noticed that I’m not experiencing any of those mid-afternoon cravings. Since I’m really giving it a go and trying to eat healthier all the way around, not craving junk food at 2:00 in the afternoon anymore is great. It was kind of funny the other day, my brother and I went to my favorite burger place and normally, I devour an entire burger and order of fries. I ate about 1/2 the burger and fries and was done. Full. Kind of surprised myself with that! I’ve been drinking tons of water. That’s my latest craving. Which, is a good thing not only for the whole better health and weight loss aspect, but living here in the desert… you have to keep drinking that water! Guess, that’s about it for week 1. I’ll be back next week to keep you updated! Thanks for all the good wishes, keep them coming. I’m for sure going to need them!
Tips For Better Health and Weight Loss
I wanted to give Jess and any of you on a better heath and weight loss journey some practical tips to follow. You know, for everyday people who can’t afford high priced trainers and such. According to an article over at Shape.com, real women give these Top 10 Healthy Weight Loss Tips:
- Create mini milestones you can achieve and celebrate when you reach them! Go ahead and eat that cookie you’ve been staring at all week! You deserve it!
- Don’t deprive yourself! Eat a small portion of something you enjoy each day so you won’t crave and binge later. (key word = Small portion!)
- To help downsize your meal portions, use smaller plates! Sounds easy but so many people still fill up those huge dishes!
- You don’t have to spend ANY money on support! The internet is full of 24/7 online forums and groups. Join some!
- Reward yourself for each lb lost! Put $1 in a jar for each pound lost and treat yourself to some new jeans. (Those old ones, won’t fit after a bit! Woot!)
- Find and stick with people in your life who are motivating rather than criticizing. Everyone slips, listen to your cheerleaders not your naggers.
- Incorporate some form of exercise! Walk to the mailbox, the corner store or around the block. Baby steps lead to giant leaps in no time!
- Learn the calorie count of your favorite meals. Sometimes, what you think is healthy really isn’t! (for some help with calorie count, see here)
- Stop ‘taste testing’ food while you prepare it! All those extra calories do add up. Wait until you sit down to eat.
- Everyone loves eating out. You should too! Find a low fat meal you enjoy in every type of cuisine -Japanese, Thai, Mexican, Italian. You can still have fun eating out with friends!
Health and Weight Loss With Mangodrin
Want to join Jess and the awesome ladies of RecessLV? The great folks over at Mangodrin, which was featured on the Dr. Oz show, want to help you succeed too! I’m sharing this awesome discount they’ve offered with all of you. During Jessica’s entire 10 week challenge you can take advantage of this special discount for 30% off your entire order. Whether you’re up for 30 days or the whole 10 weeks, you’ll be all set! This special promotion is for online sales only. Use “THANKYOU” in the coupon code section during checkout.
Be sure to check back next week and see how Jess and our dedicated blogger friends are doing! Also, this coming week, I’ll have a new better health and weight loss recipe posted to give your tummy something full of flavor and help keep you on track!
With summer right around the corner, what’s some of your best tips to getting your sexy back?