This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
I know you’ve heard about the latest BBQ grilling craze – Beer Can Burgers, yes? Well today I’m sharing our take. With Father’s Day up soon you should totally get Dad what he really wants. Bacon, Beef, Burgers and Beer. And maybe take the trash out for him or something. Let him grab a nap on the couch. Total WIN!
Bacon Wrapped Beer Can Burgers Recipe
We’re lucky living here in Las Vegas in that we can pretty much grill all year long. Especially now in the summer. I mean, who wants to have to turn the oven on? Totally not me. We make all the typical BBQ fare – Ribs, Brats, Steaks. But every once in awhile you hear of some internet or Pinterest craze that you just can’t help but try, right? Sometimes I’m impressed and sometimes, well, not so much. All hype no yum. But, let me tell you, these Beer Can Burgers everyone is hyping = total score!
I made that beer can chicken and it was pretty tasty, so why not give this a go too. I admit, they kind of had me at Bacon. Because, obviously. But I had to wonder, what makes these beer can burgers different than say, a stuffed burger? Aside from just being super cool to say… Beer Can Burgers… they are way easier to make. Like crazy, way easy. And, none of all the goodies fall out! I hate that! You take all this time and effort stuffing burger balls and at that very first bite… leakage. Such a bummer. And why has no one done this before? Or, maybe they have but it took a cool Youtube video to get it to kick off? Ya know, I don’t care. I’m just glad I have beer can burgers in my life. And now, you can too. You’re welcome!
Beer Can Burgers
- 2 lbs Ground Beef (we used 80/20)
- 2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Seasoning Salt (or favorite rub or seasoning)
- 6 slices Bacon (crisp up 2 and chop)
- 8 Cubes Chunk Swiss Cheese (about 1 inch in size)
- ½ Onion (diced)
- 8-10 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 Hamburger Buns and Favorite Condiments
- In a large bowl, mix and season meat thoroughly. Form into four round balls.
- Press a full can of COLD beer into the center of each ball. Form and fold the meat into an even cup shape around the can. (cold cans slip out easier and no meat will stick) Wrap bacon around each 'cup' of burger.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in a bit of oil.
- Pop 1 cube of cheese in the bottom of each burger, then evenly distribute veggies. Cover with another cube of cheese. Sprinkle crisped up chopped bacon over the top of each burger.
- Now, fire up that grill! We're cooking the beer can burgers using low, indirect heat. Put the burgers on the grill and close the lid. And quit lifting it up every 10 minutes!. You're loosing heat baby. After an hour, check to make sure they are done. The bacon should be fully cooked and all the cheese melted. (meat thermometer should register *165)
- Remove from grill. Serve on buns with favorite condiments. I used some spicy-kick-you-in-the-butt BBQ sauce!
And that my meat loving, BBQ grilling friends is how you ‘do Beer Can Burgers! You know you wanna! And, so does Dad! With father’s day coming up, you’d totally be his favorite kid forever if you made these! We won’t tell the siblings, don’t want them all jealous!
Ya know what-else Dad would love along with those beer can burgers? A new grill to cook them on! Oh yeah! My fav store Smart & Final is about to make that happen!
Smart & Final will be giving away 5 Weber Gas BBQ’s as a Grand Prize. There will be 10 secondary prizes of a 14 piece grilling set. To enter the promotion, simply purchase any Cattleman’s Finest product and enter a code from their receipt on the contest web page. Contest runs from June 17 – June 30. All that awesome meat and a new grill? I’m down! We love Smart & Final because it has everything you need in one spot. Warehouse prices with a local grocery feel. And now, Smart & Final has announced the launch of its new branding campaign which will place the ampersand (“&”) – already in the 144-year old company’s name – front and center to showcase the company’s relationship with both its customers and the communities it serves. For the rest of 2015, Smart & Final is scheduled to open 16 additional Smart & FinalExtra! stores including three store conversions. Look for the one by you! And check them out online for local deals and awesome recipes!
If you liked this Bacon Wrapped Beer Can Burgers post,
and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.
Are you a social kinda person? Follow Sassy Girlz on Facebook or Twitter
For all the pretty pictures, follow me on Pinterest and Instagram