Looking To Lighten Up Dinner Now That Summer Is Here? My Panko Crusted Tilapia with Spicy Tomato Cucumber Salsa Is Perfect And Ready In Under 30 Minutes! #HuntsFreshTwists #CollectiveBias
Panko Crusted Tilapia with Spicy Tomato Cucumber Salsa
Is school out by you yet? Here in Vegas we have one week left. Only.One.Week! Happy for the first two weeks and going out of my mind two months coming my way. It also means having to put a bathing suit back on. Which leads into less bacon and beer, more salads and water season. The joys of summer vacay ya’ll! I was digging through my ‘less fat’ cookbooks and came across our favorite baked fish recipe. I doctored it up a bit with my spicy tomato cucumber salsa and man was it yummy! I’m sharing it because you’re dreading that bathing suit in the drawer too. This totally makes it way less painful to strap into it!
- *For Tomato Cucumber Salsa*
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber (even chopped)
- 1 Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño (seeded and minced)
- 1½ TSP Cumin
- 1 TSP Grated Lime Zest
- 2 TBS Lime Juice (squeeze after zesting)
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- *For Panko Crusted Tilapia*
- 4 Tilapia Filets (fresh or frozen, I used fresh)
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1½ Cup Panko
- 2 Egg Whites (beaten)
- *For Spicy Tomato Cucumber Salsa*
- Combine all ingredients for cucumber salsa in medium bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- *For Panko Crusted Tilapia*
- Preheat oven to 425* Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray rack with nonstick spray. In a large bowl add Panko and seasonings. In another bowl, lightly beat egg whites.
- Season each piece of tilapia with salt and pepper. Dip each piece one at a time in beaten egg whites. The immediately dip in Panko. Press down lightly to coat completely. Place on wire rack and bake for 15-18 minutes. Panko should golden brown. Time will vary depending upon your oven.
- Plate while fish is still warm, top with spicy tomato cucumber salsa.
You could totally grill this and skip to panko as well. Ethan loves his fish with panko so that’s how I made it. I just think he likes saying PANKO….. whatever works, right? If it were just me and the hubs, I’d grill it. Speaking of the hubs, I sent him to Walmart to pick up the ingredients for the tomato cucumber salsa. He texted me this photo…
Asking… “Which brand do I buy?” Men. I had to remind him I sent him with a coupon for HUNTS Tomatoes (Buy 3 get 1 FREE! – you should totally print that FYI, you’re welcome) Soon the garden will be over run with them, but before you know it they are gone. Stock up now while you can!
What’s your favorite warm weather dish? And, how’s that bathing suit looking? Mine? I’m thinking it’s probably seen better days and I need an excuse to buy a new one. 🙂
If you liked this Panko Crusted Tilapia with Spicy Tomato Cucumber Salsa post,
and want more, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.
Are you a social kinda person? Follow Sassy Girlz on Facebook or Twitter
For all the pretty pictures, follow me on Pinterest and Instagram