My One Pot Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser
All opinions are mine and you know I’m full of them #WildSideOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
This one pot Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta is an easy to make weeknight meal. It’s loaded with peppers, onions, shrimp, sausage and bold spices. A great one pot meal awaits! Just throw it in and go!
One Pot Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta
Things are busy during the week over at my house. No, I mean suuuuper busy.
Here’s my schedule: Mon-Wed I babysit my 1 yr old granddaughter from 8am to 2pm. Monday night’s we have Cub Scouts, Tues & Thurs nights we have Karate, every other Friday we drive Ethan to Arizona to spend the weekend with his ‘other’ grandparents. And, of course during the day, we work. I try to clean up the house but that’s if-y. You do if-y cleaning too, right? But, I still have to feed everyone. Every.Single.Night.
And, since I’m on my high horse about not throwing good $$ at drive-thru windows anymore, I have to actually cook. And no, cereal for dinner doesn’t count. I love one pot meals not only because they are quick and fit in my busy schedule but the clean-up…. ONE POT! My One Pot Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta Recipe is an easy weeknight meal with peppers, onions, shrimp, sausage and kick’n spices. Almost no prep time, just throw it in the pot and go! As Emeril says “BAM”
One Pot Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta Recipe
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion (rough chop)
- 1 Cup Mixed Small Bell Peppers (rough chop)
- 1 Jalapeno (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (diced fine)
- 1 Can Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 LB Fettuccine (uncooked)
- 1 LB Jack Link's Wild Side Sausage (sliced thin)
- 5 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 TSP Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 TSP Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Lb Uncooked Small Shrimp (I used frozen/thawed)
- 4 TBS Tomato Paste
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Green Onions (garnish optional)
- Use your favorite stock pot to heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except the shrimp and tomato paste. Pasta should be whole and not broke in half.
- Allow ingredients to boil for 3 minutes. Reduce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and tomato paste. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes until the shrimp have cooked throughout, sauce has thickened and noodles are soft.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve hot.
For this One Pot Meal, I picked up some Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages at Walmart. They’re on rollback for just $3.48 from now until Memorial Day. Look for them in the packaged meat section, grab a bunch for grilling up! For this dish, I used Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Original flavor.
Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages are high in protein and come in 3 flavors – Original, Jalapeño, & Cheddar. They have no fillers, no added MSG, no artificial colors or flavors, and bonus for me, they’re gluten free. Happy taste buds, happy tummy!
If you like my Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta and want more recipes, you can subscribe to be on our mailing list here.
Are you a social kinda person? Follow Sassy Girlz on Facebook or Twitter.
For all the pretty pictures, follow me on Pinterest or Instagram.